Saturday 25 October 2014

Horror That Really Sticks To Your Bones by Garrard hayes



As Halloween approaches I can’t help but reminisce about the creepiest books I’ve read over the last ten years. These books left me in such a horrified state, that until this day, I still remember the effect they had on me. Don’t get me wrong, but some people think scary is slashers and serial killers. The thing that really leaves me sleepless is not from this world. These novels are so soul chilling, they still creeps me out. Don’t believe me? Give them a try. You’ll think twice about walking into a dark room at night. Happy Halloween and Cheers, Garrard Hayes


The Throne of Bones by Brian McNaughton

I’ve never read anything like it before or since. A dark fantasy world where nothing is as it seems. An old town with a large cemetery that is unable to contain the evil that lives within its walls. Enough ghouls, monsters and zealots to satisfy the most callused Horror fan.








The Elementals by Michael McDowel

A southern family goes to the Alabama Gulf shore to spend a relaxing summer at a beautiful beachfront retreat. Something old and dark is living and it doesn’t want to leave.





Song of Kali by Dan Simmons

A reporter from America takes his family with him to India to investigate a dead poet that’s stared writing again.






Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill


An aging rock star buys a dead man’s suit on Ebay.








Garrard Hayes is the author of best selling thriller Bourbon and Blood.

Garrard Hayes is a lifelong New York resident whose ancestors made their living on the streets of Manhattan and Brooklyn. His love of action and crime fiction, together with a knack for good, gritty story telling, sparked him to write. He lives in New York with his wife, two children, and three dogs.

1 comment: